Sunday, August 3, 2008

6 Weeks!

Closed for business.
An important milestone occurs this week: The neural tube, which began to form last week, starts to close over what will become your baby's spinal cord.


Face forward.
Although the embryo still looks somewhat like a tiny tadpole, folds of tissue are developing at the top, and these will eventually become your little one's chin, cheeks, and jaw. The areas that will be the eyes and nose have started to project as bumps, and the inner-ear structure is pushing inward.


Picking up the beat.
The heart tube, which formed last week, continues its development as it gradually grows into four primitive chambers and starts to beat like a tiny drum.


Other major organs, such as the kidneys and liver, are also beginning to take shape. The lungs each exist as a single tube, and they're starting to form into pouch-like structures; they've got lots of blossoming to do before they're ready for air.


Measuring up. Your little one keeps growing bigger, now measuring about 0.1 inch, or 2.5 millimeters.



Layers of Meaning

Though it still resembles a blob, the embryo has already divided into tissue layers. Most organ systems are starting to develop, too.



Conditions with a cause.
The changes your body undergoes in early pregnancy, though exciting, can be challenging at times. Remember that every symptom is serving a purpose. Your breasts may be tingling or tender because of increased blood flow; your body is already hard at work getting them ready for breastfeeding. Be sure to wear a supportive bra, even at night if it helps.


You may also experience constipation because of an increase in the hormone progesterone, which slows down the digestive tract. To deal with this problem, exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet, including lots of high-fiber foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. And increase your water intake: Shoot for at least eight glasses a day.


Losing your lunch? About 70 percent of pregnant women experience some morning sickness, with the first trimester being the worst. Nausea is triggered by hCG, the pregnancy hormone that's secreted right after implantation. There are measures you can take to quell queasiness. Click here for suggestions on relieving your symptoms.

From the experts. "The hormone that's causing your morning sickness can also be responsible for headaches," notes Elaine Zwelling, R.N., Ph.D. "Headaches during pregnancy can also be triggered by fatigue, tension, hunger, and physical or emotional stress." Get suggestions from Dr. Zwelling on how to manage hormonal headaches.

~ From Pampers Weekly Pregnancy Article


Ok, baby, so, whats goin' on in there? It seems you are doing a great deal of work this week and I can really tell it...my clothes are tight. I went to put on a pair of short this morning and BAM it was way hard to get them buttoned. I measured my waist and I've gain 1.5 inches. What are you doing to me, little baby?!!!! :)

I think you're twins. :) I think two little girls. :)

I dont know, but I definilty feel as if I'm waddling all ready. I cant imagine how I'm gonna look in a few months. :)

I love you, my little precious, keep growing big, I'll just start buying new clothes.

*kiss*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do twins runon either side of the family?