Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dear Kid Saturday

Maddie, Austin, and Jeremy,
Thank you all for being a part of my life. You bring such joy in to every moment.

Austin, thanks for growing into a strong young man. I'm proud of your quiet nature and your need to protect those who are weaker. I miss you now that you have so many other things to do, but I understand the busy life of a teenager. Thanks for being here with us! I love you!!

Jeremy, thanks so much for all your drama, which when I look back on it I do find it quiet entertaining. You are so secure in yourself, and I admire that. You'll need a strong backbone in this world, son. I look forward to what life has in store for you. You're awesome and I love you!!

Maddie, you're amazing and would have spoiled me as a mother if you'd been my first; thankfully you are my last and I get to go out with an easy going, very persistant little girl. :) I worry about you a great deal, some even saying I act like a first-time mom, but none the less, you're amazing, and I thank you so much for breathing life back into my world. :)

18 comments:

Marina@EBMR said...

If I were your kids I would be sobbing right now...so moving...love the note. How special to have something like that written.

Happy SITS Sharefest ...God bless!

http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/2009/12/live-festive-giveaways-gala-finale.html

Unknown said...

Thanks, Marina, that was really sweet!

Trudie said...

Wow, I loved this post! So honest! Just found your blog on the SITS site! Happy SITS Saturday! May God Bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Happy SITS Saturday sharefest! I love what you've done with your dedications. They're beautiful. Sometimes we don't tell our kids enough how much they mean to us. Beautiful :)

Encore Bride said...

That is very sweet, I love reading this as I still debate on whether or not I want to have kids one day...Thanks for sharing this!

Happy SITS Day!

Unknown said...

Thanks for comments and love, SISTahs!

Maggi said...

What a sweet touching post! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Amber Page Writes said...

Awww, that's really sweet. I'm glad you're able to see the good in even the dramatic teenager...

My daughter is the easiest baby in the world (like your last). It makes me so afraid to have another...

Anonymous said...

:) Karen

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful.

Jennifer said...

What a special memory to create for your children!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Finding Normal said...

Happy SITS Sharefest!
Great post!

The Rambler said...

Came here by way of SITS Sharefest day.

Great letters to the kids.

And kudos to the 51 pound weight loss!!

BLOGitse said...

Happy SITSmas from Cairo!

Elizabeth D. said...

Aww, so sweet. I hope you share that with your kids one day! Happy holidays SITS style!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a beautiful post!
Stopped by from the SITS link up.

Montessori Moments said...

Ok, I LOVE your blog! Sounds like we have some things in common!
Want to swap blog buttons?
Merry Christmas SITSta!

Karen M. Peterson said...

What a sweet letter. Sounds like you have awesome kids and I bet they know how lucky they are to have you for a mom.

Hope you had a great holiday! Visiting you from SITS.