Monday, June 15, 2009

Dr. Luke

I've been given the desire to read Luke and then Acts. Would you like to join me??

Update:

Luke 1:38
Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants. May everything youu have said come true." And then the angel left.

Mary has just been told by the angel, Gabriel, that she will carry a holy child, the Son of God.

I think I am more like her uncle, Zechariah, who just six months earlier was told his wife would become pregnant and instead of submitting himself to the Lord and His will, instead Zechariah asked for proof. :)

Zechariah was made to where he couldnt speak until the birth of his son, John. It was then that he truly believed God. :)

Alright, so today I'm meditate on the words of Mary, wow, I almost felt Catholic just then :).

"I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants."

No comments: