Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wow, I cant believe it

So, Maddie is napping and I was crusing around on FB when I discovered a posting from a lady that I'd befriended from my March Expectant Club. Anyway, her son was born in January rather then March, which means, yes, he was way premie.

Anyway, I just saw a pic of the big guy and he's doing great! There was also a pic that she had posted on the message board right after he'd been born and he was on a respiratory yet she was still able to hold him. She had him in her gown, snuggled up next to her and he was so tiny, it looked as if his head could have fit in the palm of my hand.

I remember reading his birth story, crying, praying, and just hoping it didnt happen to me and my baby. Being in early intervention I know many a babies that are born at 23 weeks gestation. I am in awe everytime I see them. Actually, the first little baby that I'd ever bet born at 23 weeks was in my first classroom and she just recently graudated. :)

So, here's a moment to William...thank you, Lord, for his strength!

No comments: