Friday, August 28, 2009

Not all days are pretty

ohhhhhhh, beware, I am in a mood.

Why do women enjoy vomiting cuse words in their general language? Do they find it appealing. It's said that what is in the heart is seen through the words we speak. To cuse God is something that I can not fathom, but yet is so insulting to me, leaves me with a distaste that truly illustrates the word, enemy.

But I am told:

Luke 6:27-36
[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.
[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Yep, that's a hard one. I am finding myself in a bad place with my brother. (I just want to kill him!) So I am doing a 2 week prayer detox. Every day I am praying for him and praying for my acceptance of him...praying every single day. Will let you know how this works!

Unknown said...

Yeah, this has to be the hardest for me as well.

Good luck, and keep me up with what God has you walk through next. Sometimes it seems like a journey to make it through something this hard.