Saturday, August 8, 2009

So, I'm still on the shots kick...

Before you read this, understand I have come a long way on my vaccine journey. I've gone from no vaccines, to now understanding and accepting them, but in no way does that mean I'm still not passionate about figuring out whats best for my kids.


I was 16 when I stood in the doctor's office and wondered if what I was about to do was really the right thing. I later wrote many a college papers, siding with the parents who's children had been effected by vaccines. Why oh why would the governement pay families for damages caused by vaccines and yet still consider them safe for the general population? This was a huge question for me. And it seems it was only in the 1990's that some of these shots were changed because of the actual damage that was being done.


Autism and vaccines - the research says no. However, because of the big fuss MOST vaccines do NOT contain mercury. Why? Why do we inject mercury into our children?? We know the long term effects of it. We know it remains in the body, building each time. Yes, we're all ok, arent we? Well, arent we?!


I must admit, I'm crunchy. I must admit, I go against the grain. I must admit, I question authority and call out the norm, requiring justification for their actions.


But maybe I'm just the mom that wonders if my baby will be that 1 out of every 20,000 to suffer a seizure, brain damage, or death. Maybe I'm just that mom that knows this is the way to go, but maybe I just feel there's a better way to reach where we need to be.


My kids look up to me for safety. My kids look to me not to cause them pain, but to keep them as far away from it as I can.


Jeremy is scheduled to recieve DTap (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis), Polio, MMR, Flu, and Chikcenpox at his next dr. visit which will be in about a month or so. I look at these diseases with fear, realizing there have been some great changes that have taken place within the medical field in just 10 years, but I still worry.


Again, I'm educating myself, and I'll be setting up a schedule for his shots. No, his body will not be over loaded. We'll take it in monthly incredments. I'm not against vaccinating, I'm just against posioning my kids.

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

well done! I don't care what other people do if it's different than me, I just want people to make mindful decisions and I don't want the gov't mandating any medication.

Unknown said...

Ive read there are only two states that have mandated vaccines, however, I'm not sure which two those are.