Sunday, November 1, 2009

Organic


Just read an article from Twitter about which foods should be bought organic.



Apples

Bell Pepers

Carrots

Celery

Cherries

Imported Grapes

Lettuce

Nectarines

Peaches

Pears

Potatoes

Red Rasberries

Spinach

Strawberries



I also picked up some new eggs today. Cage raised, BUT, soy fed, no hormones, and OMEGA 3. I've boiled them and will enjoy two tomorrow, one with breakfast and one with lunch. I also made my first pumpkin pie tonight. Mmmmmmm, yes, it was good. :)

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

Yumm! If you can get in touch with a local farmer (small one, not factory farm) you can get the BEST eggs! I am checking into our farmers market to see how late it runs into the winter, the eggs are phenomenal! And, here (http://www.foodnews.org/) is a great site to use for organic and chem. free info. They even have a wallet size card to print with the "Dirty Dozen" - 12 things you should reallly not eat unless organic because they are the most heavily pesticided crops. Happy eatings! Have a fabulous week!
another great link:
www.ewg.org

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mellissaa!! :)

Michelle said...

Thank you for all the encouraging comments! :)

There is this great list in a book called Raising Your Baby Green that tells you the exact pesticide content of a ton of fruits and veggies. I copied it and keep it at home. It helps me save a lot of money.

Unknown said...

Michelle,
Thanks so much for the title of the book, I'll definitly have to add this one to my shelf.

You and Liam are always in my prayers. I hope you two are getting to spend more time together and that he's growing like a weed :).