Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year; Happy New Me!




So, it is finally here, 2010!  I've been waiting for this little booger all week.  Yep, I've been waiting for the opportunity to start The 6 Month Challenge with Choose 2 Live: Choose Health. I hope you will join us and post your success either by your own blog, that I'll happily link to if you'd like, or by posting on Choose 2 Live: Choose Health's blog.






So, to start I'd like to post my very first body pic. This is me with my baby girl, Maddie. I am in the middle of two sizes at the moment. I chose to buy the larger size at the store just recently but am now having to wear a belt to keep them up. Problem area I'd like to see vanish: leg fat. I know it's impossible to target fat, but overall I'd like to see the size of my legs go down a bit so that I can wear jeans without having to wear a belt.


Another area I'd like to improve: upper arm strength. I've recently developed upper arm flab and I don't especially like it. :) Again, I know it will be through cardio and weight training that this area will be resolved.


And, lastly, I'd like to target my abb and back muscles. I sit on the floor a great deal of my day, working with kids, and I feel I've lost the support that you get from sitting propperly in a chair, so, instead of slouching another year, I'd like strong core muscles to hold myself up. :)


And, let's not forget nutrition and hydration. I'm pretty good with getting my water in, but I do need help on portion control and a balanced diet. Overall, I must say, I've learned a great deal in the past year on including more fruits and vegtables into my daily meals, but to be honest, I need more.


So, what do ya say? I know, sometimes it's foolish to hang all of life's changes on one day, but come on, we gotta start somewhere, and why not make it a nationally known day, like today, so we can do it together!!  So, I'll be watching and I hope you'll be moving and encouraging me as well.  :)
I think I need a T-shirt or something for this. :)

7 comments:

Traci Michele said...

I'm so glad to have you along! Hugs,
Traci

Sneaker Teacher said...

Stopping by from SITS. The start of a new year is always a great time to reinvest in health and fitness goals. Good luck!

Katie
www.sneakerteacher.blogspot.com

Stephanie M. Page said...

OK! Whats your plan???

Anonymous said...

I'm in! Have you heard anything on your home loan yet? Karen

Unknown said...

Best wishes for your healthy ambitions and happy new year from N Ireland.

Thanks for the blog visit via SITS :)

Momstart said...

Good Luck with your choosing to live healthier. I'm committing to make that choice this new year too.

Rondi said...

Happy New Year to you and your family and many blessings! I am also making some changes for a healthier lifestyle. Good luck and best wishes!