Thursday, May 20, 2010

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is the song I sing to Maddie when she's upset. It's usually the song you'll hear on a long drive with a screaming baby. Tonight it was the song I used to hum her to sleep.

I wonder what song my mother sang to me when I was a child? :) She had a beautiful voice. As I was rocking Maddie tonight a memory came back to me of me and my mom sitting in a chinese restaurant, eating. I don't remember specific things my mom really told me, but I see snap shots of our time together, and it makes me happy. I miss her. I am grateful for what she gave me, her time and my life.

So, here's to moms who are rocking and singing to their babies tonight, hold what you have and remember how precious it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I love this. You are a wonderul mother. Have a blessed weekend!
Wylie

Mellissa said...

Amen to that! Time is going wayyyy too fast! I sing the ABC's and use that tune to make up my own words, "Mommy loves you, you're my bug..." that kind of thing. Mmmm, I love that quiet sleepy, nursey time!