Monday, August 9, 2010

BAB & MM Projects: Week 8


Wow, what a week!

Maddie ran a fever for 4 days straight last week of around 104, and went through two antibiotics til we found the one that would combat her strep throat. The poor girl was a mess, day and night, which really left no room for my work outs. I mean come on, I was not choosing a run over holding my sick child. My fitness is important to me, but not over my family, never.

So, even though I didn't work out much, I did try to watch my water, getting in my 64 oz as well as watching my vegtables and fruits. I'd set a goal of 3 fruits and veggies a day, and happily, I was able to meet that goal most days. http://www.mypyramid.gov/ recommends I get in 2.5 cups of veggies a day with 2 cups of fruits. So, I wasn't too far off on what I truly did need.

My workout schedule is changing up a bit this week. I'm going to start adding swimming to the mix. Due to some hellaious shin spints that I accquired last week, I think my legs need a quick break from running and a nice soak in the water. :) I'm actually really excited about it. Oh, and speaking of running, I got my long run in yesterday @ 5 miles, the farthest I've run so far. Next week I'll hit 6. I don't see a major problem until around mile 7, then I think my body is gonna go into a freak out spazz and refuse to function after running for 1.5 hours. Yeah, I figure it will take me 2.5 hours to complete this half marathon, can you imagine running for 2.5 hours...I picture myself laughing during this race, wondering why I thought it would be so easy. :)

Anyway, starting weight: 186
last week's weight: 184.5 (I'd gained about 4 pounds)
current weight: 182.5
loss/gains: 2 pounds

Ladies, I hope you all had a great week, have set realistic and fun goals for this week, and are having a blast changing your bodies!!

3 comments:

Miss. C said...

I hope she gets to feeling back to 100% real soon!! Congrats to you on meeting your goal, that is awesome!! Keep it up!!!!!

Rose's Daughter said...

You are doing great!! keep up the great work!!!

Libby said...

I've really been having a hard time with my water intake. Back on track is always good :)