Monday, March 7, 2011

How To Stay Motivated: Your Workouts

Every Monday, for months now, I've been writing up a fitness post. Some days it's about weight loss, about my weekly goals, while other days I actually try to share some news. Today, it's about motivation and what I've learned along the way.

1. Being A Buddy:
I always chat with strangers, you never know who you might meet or what new bond you might build. That being said, you hop on a treadmill next to me, I'll 99% of the time wish you a, "good morning!" And if I drift in next to you to apply makeup after my workout in the dressing room, I'm almost certain we'll start up a small chat. And that's where I met Heather. We had chatted a few times and then last week she invited me to a spin and weight training class. 5:30 a.m. classes that is. :)
I decided to give it a go. With Spring approaching I really needed something to boost my workouts and really get me back into things. And, it just so happened when I mentioned I'd be going to spin class, another friend of mine, whom I've worked out with before, decided to join me as well.
There is nothing better than a work out partner, except for on those days you'd rather work out alone {as a mom, I sometimes cherish my alone times}.

2. Writing It Down: 
Heather, as I mentioned before, is full of great ideas. She explained to me how she uses a calender to record her success and that each day she works out, she gets a sticker, and after a certain amount of stickers, she gets a new...{fill in the blank here}. What an awesome idea!!!!
And, I agree, if you write it down, you're more likely to stick with it. So, I did. I have Monday - Wednesday documented for the month. These three days I'll be at the gym, bright and early. The other two days, well, I need more help on those. Any suggestions?? I'll have Maddie with me before and after work on those days so make sure it's kid friendly.

3. Connecting To Others:
I've also come across some great fitness
blogs . It seems when we surround ourselves by a group of people, we tend to follow along in that group. So, decide who you want to follow/lead and surround yourself with those people...pretty simple.

So, what about You? What motivates You to keep pushing along and moving through??


 
Like this post? Vote for me!
 
 

4 comments:

Amy DM said...

I (usually) log my workout into a website--sparkpeople.com--and it adds up my hours and tells me my calories burned etc. I love watching the hours add up.

I also (used to) enter my walks into dailymile.com. That kept track of how many miles I'd walked that year, all time, etc.

That (usually) motivates me.

The reason for all those qualifiers is that I haven't worked out in over a month. Time to get back to work! Thanks for the reminder.

Shrinking Jeans said...

Hi! I'm popping over from the Tickle Me Tuesday Blog Hop! I'm your newest follower :)
http://www.shrinking-jeans.blogspot.com

Concerned American Citizen said...

My father is like that too. We always say, he never meets a stranger. He can strike up a conversation with just about anyone. Following you back. Thank you for stopping by and participating in the blog hop.

Kelli said...

the sticker thing is brilliant. we reward our toddlers, why not ourselves??
i'm here from tickle me tuesday blog hop. i'm following you now, please return the love!

knickers or trousers
http://www.brockandkelliblogspot.com