Thursday, March 3, 2011

Please, Don't Speak To Me Til I've Had My Morning Workout

It's not just the coffee that gets me going in the mornings, it's also my workouts.

There is nothing better than rolling out of bed @ 4:45 a.m. to make a 5:30 spin class. Seriously. My brain is still on "shut-down" mode so I literally just go threw the motions: brushing teeth, putting on clothes, {gym bag was packed the night before}, throwing a lunch together, and then out the door.

The streets are quiet this time of the morning. Even the little kiddies are still tucked nicely in bed. School wont even be open for another hour or so.

However, the gym is already awake and ready to go. I meet up with a friend and we head to the locker room. We chat about the fact that we actually made it, and that my friend has a terrible sinus infection {I applaud her for even getting out and pushing herself...I probably would have slacked and been back in bed.}

5:30 a.m., we're spinning. My brain still hasn't fully awoken so my body is still in charge. I have brief moments where I hear myself quietly chant, "this is for me, push it hard..." and my feet respond by moving and my lungs expand.

I only glance at the clock a couple of times. The music is good, it's loud, I wonder over time if I'll actually have some hearing loss {my mommy-side speaking up}. Overall, it was a good ride. I'll push harder next time, day one was really about feeling it out.

And the most awesome part about morning workouts, by the time dinner time has arrived I'm thinking I should do a walk or something because I've actually forgotten that just 12 hrs. ago I was bustin' it on a bike. My poor brain... :)

What about you? Do you enjoy your morning workouts or are those hours strictly for sleeping in?? :)


Photobucket 

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

Design It Chic said...

There's nothing better than a workout morning session.. that's when you actually make it to the wake up part.. sometimes I simply forget:P hi hi Anyways I just dropped by and I am now following you thanks to Social Parade on Friday, and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday, where you can meet lots of friends and have a great time:) See you there!
Happy Friday

Kristen said...

4:35 AM! Eek..I'm just falling back asleep after feeding my daughter! Im a new follower through the social parade, hope you'll follow back!

Style, Decor & More said...

I give you sooo much credit for working out! I really need to start.
Cute blog! I'm a new follower. Visiting from the blog hop. Hope you will visit my blog:
http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com

C'Ree said...

Found you on the Social Parade! Hope you can follow back @ www.destinationvirtuous.com

Linda and Kameo~ Blu Embellish said...

New follower from Social Parade ! Love morning work out !http://bluembellish.blogspot.com/2011/03/happy-socializing-friday.html#more

Happy Friday !

lovinangels said...

My morning work outs will start back up in about two weeks. As soon as it's not too cold to hike at five am! My dog and I are very good friends, and I love, love, love the quiet.

I stopped by on the hop.