Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dear Baby Soup: Weeks 13 and 14



We have officially made it to the 2nd trimester! Week 13 turned us over into our 4th month, leaving our 1st trimester behind. How do I feel? Morning sickness still has a hold of me but it's mainly just in the morning or on a very empty tummy. I'm still sporting my Sea Bands though. It seems if I go a day without them the next day is a bit rough.

With week 14 you can now make different facial movements, suck your thumb, and pee! I'm so proud of you. Your Dad still has a hard time with the peeing one, well, at least keeping the toilet seat clean as he does so. :) You'll get to know and love him just as I have. *big smile*

Also, I got my promotion yesterday which hopefully means I'll get to enjoy a nice, long maternity leave with you, and then Daddy can stay home during the week and take care of you and your Sister. Would you like that? I sure would. :) Daddy is still looking for a weekend job and I think he'll find one soon, I just sure would love for it to work out that he could stay home and keep you happy and safe. He really is a good Daddy.

I get to see again in about 2 weeks. I hope you'll show us what gender you are, but your Sister refused to let it be known. I still have a feeling you're a girl, and, I've been making plans for our sleeping arrangements. Since your  Brother and Sister have a room upstairs, I thought I'd let you share a room with me until you could bunk with one of the two. What do you think? Then we'd actually be living one of the definitions of co-sleeping {room sharing}. I think it would work for us.


Like this post? Vote for me!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your bun in the oven! I cant wait to read about your journey.

New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! -Shannon- {Stuff for your little stinker!} http://www.peacelovepoop.com

Anonymous said...

What a happy blog! I enjoyed reading your journey to babydom! :) They pee at 14 weeks? I didn't know that but I cannot wait to experience motherhood for myself!

Visiting from the Tea Party!

About JollyJilly said...

hi im a new follower from the uk
do wish you well with your baby its been a long time for me but I still remember all the ups and downs lol
please come visit me in the uk anytime
www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

Turning the Clock Back said...

I had morning sickness for 6 months...and never actually in the morning! very weird!

I am a new follower from the weekend blog hop. Hope you get a chance to visit and follow back. Have a great weekend!

Diane
http://www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congrats!

New follower from the Say hi Sunday blog hop! http://www.asthebunnyhops.com

Jenilyn said...

Congrats on your new baby! My little girl will be 1 in three weeks! New follower from the hop. Come visit me at www.gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com

Eddie Bluelights said...

Following you from the Sunday Blog Hop. Nice if you could visit, comment and follow back ~ Eddie

Anonymous said...

So what is a "long" maturnity leave? And your dad said your schedule will now follow the school schedule - that is fantastic! Is your classroom 3's or 4's? Have a great day! Karen

Onlythemanager said...

Even with the morning sickness, it is lovely that you pause to enjoy knowing the details of your baby's current life. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

@ Karen, a long maternity leave is 16 weeks. And yep, it's not identical to the school system but I'll get a month off in the summer and fall and spring break! :)

Anonymous said...

16 weeks - that's fantastic!!!! Karen

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

Congrats on your promotion!!!