Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Have Got To Stop Obsessing Over My Cervix


As I drove to my doctor appointment today {12.28} I realized that I've been on maternity leave for a couple of weeks now and instead of enjoying myself and the time I have with family, I've been spending it all simply waiting on this baby to arrive. And when I say waiting I literally feel as if I'm sitting on the couch watching the clock, timing every contraction in hopes everything has started.

Well, let me tell you, this baby will come, and it will come soon enough, it really doesn't do anyone any good for me to sit on my butt waiting when I have my precious children to spend time with. I remember how I counted down the weeks til my maternity leave just so I would have some time off to be a stay at home mom...I waited so long for this time that it's an utter shame I'm not using it for what it's worth...a true blessing in my life right now. :)

So, with all that thinking, I opted out of being checked today. I'm just so tired of being obsessed with what my cervix is doing. Whether I know how much I've dilated or not makes no difference on when this baby comes. Doc and I agreed we'd check next week but until then I'm gonna go on with life, live it, and enjoy the moments I have to share with those I love.

Like this post? Vote for me!

3 comments:

LaShawn Wiltz said...

Patience!! A watched cervix never opens!!! LOL

Onlythemanager said...

Those last days of waiting seem so long! Soon, though, you will have that sweet baby in your arms!

Mya Maternity said...

Patience is the best thing. It will happen soon enough. Enjoy your time off now.

http://myamaternity.blogspot.com/