Sunday, February 8, 2009

I wish my mom was here...

I feel as if this birth is quickly approaching and I'm not so sure I'm ready.


Yes, I'm ready to have my body back. Yes, I'm ready to sleep on my belly again. And, yes, I'm ready to meet this precious baby. Sometimes I just doubt my ability to get him/her here.


I wish I could call up my mom and she would tell me that everything will be fine, that I'll be able to do it, and I'd even make her promise to be there with me.


I guess thats the hard part, doing it without her. I know some may say, "well, she'll be there in spirit, or she'll always be in my heart," but I will miss her physical presence. I havent planned on anyone being there besides me and Sean and to me, that will make it really special, but I cant help but realize that my mother will be missed. That she was to be a part of this birth. It would have only been natural for her to be there.


It has become natural for me to mourn for my mother. I'm sure there will come a day when I dont cry as often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

of all the things I miss about Theresa it bothers me the most that she isn't there to see you and your children going thru all your life events. Sorry that I wont be there until later, but I will be praying and thinking about you
love you PAPA

Anonymous said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with mourning or crying and there is absolutely no time limit as to when it should stop. Karen

Mellissa said...

Hugs...it's good that you miss your mom. What a tribute to her love for you that you will miss her at this birth. Truly your love for each other must have been deep. You are blessed to have had a wonderful relationship with your mom.

Now, enjoy feeling that little one move. Soon enough they will be in your arms and you can sleep on your tummy. (Although I found out with breatfeeding that the whole stomach sleeping this is SO NOT happening!) Best of luck to you! You will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I didn't have any problems breastfeeding and sleeping on my stomach. How about you? Karen