Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Bloggess and Bathrooms

There is a woman out in the world that routinely entertains me.


She spoke of the one place to get away from it all, the bathroom, and I stand by this idea firmly. Since I've been a mother for half my life now, I seem to have always had someone with me, and I've slowing come to understand the one place that most people wont follow you is, indeed, into the bathroom. :) Now, when it comes to little ones you have to teach them that the bathroom door is closed for 2 reason: your privacy and sanity.

It was just today that my 6 year old busted through the bathroom door to tell me something. Thank goodness I was finished and about to leave, but again, I had to remind him that the door is closed so that he cant come in.

Speaking of mommahood, there was a family over at the house today, dropping off their two kids for Uncle Jack and I to watch. Its a young couple and I was really impressed with the 9 month old who is already crawling and such. I asked if she stayed home with them to which she said yes. I told her she'd done a good job with him and she sighed and said it wasnt all ways the best times, or something of that sort.

I smiled but in my heart I felt a whisper say, "youre really lucky to be able to stay home with your babies." I know my little one will only be two classrooms down and I'll be able to see her twice a day out on the playground, but still, that doesnt make up for these wonderful days that I just get to be with her, all the time. I love my job, I just love my kids alot more. :)

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Oh man I sooo hear you!! Working M, W, F and being home with my little man on Tues & Thurs is a gift, but not enough! I want to be with him every single day! He is growing so fast; he'll be 5 months this Sunday...I just want to hit the Pause button on Tues, Thurs and the weekends! Needless to say, I am going to pick up a lottery tix tomorrow on my way into work! ;-)

Unknown said...

They do grow up so fast. I remember when Maddie was just a few weeks old and the anxiety started setting in about having to return to work. I kept having to tell myself that I had 14 more weeks with her, but here it is, only a few more weeks and I'll be back at work.

I keep telling myself that I love my work, I love the kids I work with, and it will be great to share Madison with everyone, but still in my heart, I'd give it all up for every moment with her.

lol...and good luck on that lottery ticket!