Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yes, yes, yes, we are probably finished...but...

I seriously feel the beautiful birth of Maddie is what has allowed this idea of another baby to linger. And, maybe because I had to have two identities for my baby while pregnant, Madison and Shannon, since we didnt know the sex.

My personal recommendation to parents: know what sex your baby is. It was much harder for me to "feel" my true baby by not knowing. I felt nuetral a great deal of time as in, I couldnt really picture how my baby would look because I didnt know the gender. Anyway, it did have its fun moments thinking about it, but overall, I WANTED TO KNOW. :)

And, maybe it was also the fact that Sean kept saying, if its a boy, we'll just keep trying til we get a girl. He so wanted another daughter. :) I knew it was a girl, in my heart, just like I knew the others were boys, but I always knew I could have been wrong, so there was always the anxiety of not knowing. Plus, my midwife kept telling me my baby had a boy's heartbeat. :) However, Jeremy always registered as a girl's heartbeat so I always just used that excuse to keep my girl idea.

So, yeah, finally, after three babies, the real baby bug has hit me. I think with the other two, my life was busy, that I just incorporated them into it but, sadly, never had the time to just really focus on them. And now, with Maddie, my world has slowed down a bit, and I still think about little Shannon. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TONI I"M NOT KIDDING!!!! no more babies what can you possible be thinking
PAPA

Unknown said...

Papa, maybe the Mormons are getting to me. :)

MamaDrama77 said...

I would go for Number Three in a New York minute, Sister. My "baby" is about to turn two and it's killing me. We had friends over the other day and they brought their delicious newborn, and instead of being jealous that I was holding another baby, Mia begged me to let her hold the infant too. If that's not signal enough that she needs a sister, I just don't know what is! LOL

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhhh, Amanda, I'll be 100% behind you if you wanted to try again. :) I'm all excited over pregnant mommas.

And, I just love when little ones want to love on babies. My boys really have nothing to do with Maddie and it just breaks my heart.

MamaDrama77 said...

Steve will take some convincing. My plan is to really start throwing out hints at around Christmastime. By then, Mia will be 2 and a half, and we have talked before about having a third when she's three. Sadly, Number Three will probably be our caboose...unless the Lord intervenes! I wouldn't mind staying at home and diapering half a dozen bottoms, but Steve sees college tuition/negative dollar signs instead of a "plus/negative" sign when I pee on that stick...

Unknown said...

lol...Amanda, I love how your hubby thinks about the future for the kids whenever you pee on a stick. :) It's good to have that balance :)

I'll keep your family in my prayers and we'll see what God has in store for ya. :)