Monday, June 29, 2009

First day back and we all survived!

Today went well!

First of all, Maddie has had a hard time taking bottles. We thought it was just the fact that she nurses, however, today we realized she just needed a little jaw support to make it all better. :)

So, I dropped Maddie off at 8:00 and headed on to my room. At 9:00 I waited for her out on the playground, but no Maddie, she was taking a nap. which then I realized that I was so happy she was comfortable enough with her room to sleep. :)

Then at 10:00 I headed to the baby room to pump but discovered my baby crying and she was still refusing her fist bottle of the day. I then took her with me in the back room, nursed on one side and pumped on the other. Daddy then showed up and he sat back there with us as well, which was really nice. :)

I went on back to work, and Maddie went about her day, but still refusing to take a bottle. It was then around 1:00 pm when one of my friends and a physical therapist came in and watched her with the bottle. She suggested some chin support so that Maddie could get a better latch on the bottle...perfect...and my baby was able to eat!

Over all, it was a good day. And now Maddie and I are having out, just loving on each other, waiting for daddy to get home. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it was a good day, and you did it. I am so proud of you. I love ya.

Unknown said...

thanks, Jess! :) It was a good day, and now on to tomorrow!

Mellissa said...

Oh good!!! I was thinking about you both as I was at work today. I am so glad it went well for both of you!!!! Hugs for tomorrow! This will be a tough week!

Unknown said...

Mellissa,
I'm already looking forward to having Friday off for the 4th heading out of town to see family and pick up my son Jeremy.

I have butterflies again this morning, wanting it all to be perfect for her. :)

Thanks for thinking of us!