Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Condemned

My head hurts. My belly aches.

I dont want my kids growing up thinking its ok to rape and murder, and yet, we watch movies that imply and even portray in rich detail, these actions taking place, and we dont cringe, we dont get up and walk away, we just watch and say, "well, its only a movie."

And is it not that the media is simply mirroring society?

Our children are suffereing from a terrible disease, and we only feed it. I am disgusted in the fact that we tolerate pain so easily, that we are not ashamed of our ugliness, yet we embrace it and honor those who create it.

My life was changed tonight.

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

I am sooo with you. The only station i let G listen to is the Christian contemporary. I made my hubby agree to it also. The music hubby listens to is not appropriate for kids. My friend Tina has been working thru this as well with her 11 & 8 year olds. SHe has some great books listed on the sides of her blog (and you can search for more) on raising children in a Christian home and also these issues. whttp://tinavega.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

thanks so much, Mellissa, I'll definitly check out her blog!