Monday, August 31, 2009

The Ins and Outs of My World

Austin and his grandparents have found him a 1999 Blazer to purchase. He spent the whole weekend driving it around, seeing if it was something he really wanted. He had set out with his eye on an old Jeep Cherokee (sp) but it seems things have changed. :)

Jeremy is playing football and LOVING it. It was a blast going to his practice/practice game and cheering for him. Maddie even had a good time. I think I'll pick her up a little cheerleading outfit to wear. We also worked on throwing the football as well as running and catching. He really is doing a good job and he's got an impressive arm.

My milk is drying up. Maddie had to take two whole bottles of formula this weekend because she would try to nurse but would end up crying due to the lack of it all. I can pump about 5 ounces a day but when she's wanting to eat every 3 hours or so, its just not there. I recieved another Depo Shot last Thursday and I'm wondering if the hormones has had anything to do with it. It's suppose to help, but nothing much is. I'm still drinking my tea, trying to drink as much water as I can, and feeling a bit guilty for the 1.5 to 2 puonds I'm losing a week. Sometimes I think I'm not consuming enough calories, but really, its almost common knowledge to lose weight while breastfeeding, even though, I never did with Jeremy, and I ALWAYS had milk for him. Yeah, I'm trying not to feel like a terrible mother, I just never would have thought my milk would have dried up so early and so quickly. But, thank the Lord, she actually loves soy formula. I'm not all happy about it, since I've read too much soy can effect your thyroid, but we will see hw it goes.

Bible study was emotional last night. There was a great deal spoken about moms and the loss of them. I do miss my mom.

On a different note, Maddie had some advocado and is loving it. She's eating it for two days now and the only thing I can notice is that her skin is a little red after her BM's. I'm not sure if its the diapers she's wearing but she seems to have always been sensitive to wet diapers. However, after the diaper is off and she's dry the redness goes away so I think its just more irritation to the moisture but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any allergies.

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Avocado! Yum! That was G's first food too! Sounds like you are doing everything a wonderful mom would do! Don't beat yourself up, enjoy your kids, ok?

Unknown said...

I'm enjoying the Super Baby Food book and after you had said G-Man ate avocado and then I read about the digestability of it, I was so excited to try her on it. It's almost a staple in our house, we love it on salads and such. I've frozen a few in the ice trays and she seems to be doing well with it.