Saturday, August 29, 2009

This was a huge lesson for me

So, I keep going back to the words and hearts and judgement of those.

I've read it many times in scripture and even have it posted on my desk. It's like a personal checking for myself. What comes out of my mouth helps me to see what is really in my heart.

Matthew 12:31-37
A Tree Is Known by Its Fruit
33(G) "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad,(H) for the tree is known by its fruit. 34(I) You brood of vipers! How can you speak good,(J) when you are evil?(K) For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35(L) The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil. 36I tell you,(M) on the day of judgment(N) people will give account for(O) every careless word they speak, 37for(P) by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

It's this last section that has me, "by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." I had always viewed this by meaning the way God views me, but I'm coming to understand it can also be taken by the way people view you. I seriously learned a great lesson on whatching I what I say, becuase ultimately it will impact someone, somewhere. That doesnt mean I'll be perfect tomorrow, it just means I'll be choosing my words more carefully, and trying to put forth a real effort on making sure I dont use my words to hurt others.

No comments: