Tuesday, November 24, 2009

These Are The Nights

As I sit here holding my sleeping baby, I pray God will keep her safe. This is the second night without much sleep. Maddie has a cold which has now turned into croup. Her little horse voice and barking cough awoke me to quickly pulling her up out of the bed, and getting her into the light so I could see the color of her skin.

I can't sleep. I lost a little friend of mine just a week ago and it's turned me into an overly protective momma bear.

Please say a prayer for my baby girl. I'll be calling the dr. back in about 5 hours.

p.s. she's dreaming with big smiles :)

9 comments:

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Aw, poor sweetie...and poor mama! Hang in there. I'm sure she'll get better soon. Croup sounds awful and scary, but usually it clears up without a problem.
Hugs :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your kindness, Serendipity. I just spoke with the dr. and with steriods, like last time, everything should be fine. :)

Thanks again! And, by the way, I love your blog!!

Jessica AKA Falling Glitter said...

Awwww...I hope she gets to feeling better

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jessica. I gave her some meds yesterday and it seems to have helped the cough.

Michelle said...

Croup SUCKS! I'm sorry, Maddie. :(

Unknown said...

Thanks, Michelle. :)

Anonymous said...

Get better soon Maddie ~ I love you! Nonna

Mellissa said...

Poor girls!! Our croupy remedy from the dr. was to get the bathroom all steamy and sit in it. Then bundle up fast and go outside where it's cooler. It helps! Hopefully she will be on the mend soon so you *both* can sleep!

Unknown said...

Mellissa, the nurse told us to do the same thing!

Thanks, Nonna!