Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crib Recall

I just discovered that there is a huge crib recall, and I'm a bit worried that our crib is one of them. CBS News posted an article on the recall of over 2.1 million Stork Craft drop-down side cribs. Our crib has actually had an issue with the railing staying up and it seems the plastic hardware is the culprit. There is a free repair kit that can be sent to parents, to which I'm in the process of getting one.

The terrible news is that babies are being suffocated due to the railing falling down and entrapping them between it and the mattress. I can't even imagine the horror these families are dealing with.

I was just thinking the other night how I needed to get Maddie out of my bed and back into hers, but I'm ok with it now. She's really started moving and I don't like the idea of her bed not being sturdy enough at the moment. Please keep the families that have been effected by this in your prayers, and pray now that the recall has begun, others will be able to take precautions.

5 comments:

Rose @ NetWorkingWitches said...

When my kids were little, I turned into a recall stalker. I frequently checked for recalled products, and nearly flipped out when my son's pacifiers were recalled due to the nipple detaching!

Unknown said...

Nipple detachment, thats crazy! :)

Abbey Road said...

That is so scary!! We had a drop down rail crib for the first three kids that managed to hold up quite well, but when I was pregnant with Norah we got one that the side doesn't drop down. I wasn't sure that I was going to like it, but I love that crib now.
Anyway, I hope you can get the hardware changed out on maddie's crib easily.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Abbey. It is scarey. I'm glad you like the bed. How are all the kids doing?? Ready for the holidays?

Abbey Road said...

We are all doing well, thanks for asking. It's just been busy and the kids have hit milestones all around. Plus I have 3 of my children teething at once, I never thought that would happen!
And I hope you are ready for the holidays because I am not. I have done no Christmas shopping what so ever! We are waiting on Robb's Christmas bonus to go shopping, and we'll be waiting until the middle of December for it! Sheesh, but that's government work for ya. LOL
Please give Maddie snuggles for me, I hope your baby girl feels better soon!