Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Book of Joshua

I began reading the Book of Joshua last night.


I've always felt that a name is very special and any child given a biblical name carries a great deal of that character. Thats probably why I've never been able to do it, I just cant decide on which character I'd want to "put" on my child. :) I know, that sounds odd, but anyway...


Joshua was a military man and his success came through submission to God. When I finish the book I'll be posting the scriptures that spoke to me. I always take notes when I read the Bible, and my list has already begun. :)


My dad headed out this morning. It was great spending time with him. It was very relaxing. We enjoyed a great amount of foodball together and food. We share alot of traits, which I'm proud to say. :)


I'm runnin' late, gotta go! God bless you and enjoy your Hump Day!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Karen

Anonymous said...

I love my mom very much but it isn't always relaxing when we are together. When I enjoy being in someone's company - we can be in the same room watching football or we both can be reading a book but we don't have to be conversation every second. Unfortunately, my mom doesn't like silence and tries to feel every second with conversation which is usually a bunch of random questions. I guess she doesn't know how to just enjoy being with someone - which in itself is very sad. So my mom will be here in October I will get to enjoy a month long game of 20 questions. But I love her and I will answer and I will pray for patience because I sometimes get a little snippy towards the end of her stay. Karen

Unknown said...

Yeah, me and my mom werent always that close. She always knew she wouldnt be around long so she harped on me for everything...school, money, my future, but I know she loved me and I finally got to watch her enjoy my company those last few months in the hospital. she would smile so big when she looked at me, you know, the way your hubby does when you know youre completly loved. I think I needed to know it more than anything. God never waned me to doubt my mom's love for me and He made sure I knew it. :)

I'll keep ya in my prayers that you get to spend some good time together. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Toni ~ especially for the prayers because I get so mad at myself when I get snippy with her(even though she is driving me crazy). Like I said I love her and I know she loves me too. So I will be patient and play 20 questions. Karen