Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Baby Girl

My family has always passed down names, jewelry, land, and furniture. I was so thrilled when Maddie turned out to be a girl because then I knew I'd continue the tradition. So Maddie and I were in the spare bedroom when I decided to take a few pics of her on her one-day-big-girl-bed. :)
Maddie sitting in her bed. Please excuse the "mess" around it, this room is a bit of a storage/guest room. I used this bed while I grew up and its about 175 years old.

Maddie checking out the bed while doing some tummy-time. There is a beautiful quit on the bed as well as tons of pillows, just the way my mom had it last at her house and at the bottom of the bed is another quilt that, I think, a great, great grandmother made. I hangs over the footboard. I guess I should have gotten a better pic so you could see it all, but oh well, next time. :)















4 comments:

Mellissa said...

What a history of treasures you have. She is a lucky girl to have a family entrenched in their history! Hope you are enjoying the fall!

Unknown said...

I really didnt realize how much of a tradition it was until I spoke with my MIL about it one day. I guess I'd always taken it forgranted.

The leaves are just beginning to turn here, how about up where you are? How's the weather?? :)

Mellissa said...

The leaves are just starting to change on some trees too, it feels like it's too early! It's 80 today, but since it's MN, snow is on the way, it's inevitable! I am looking forward to introducing G to snow this winter! :-)

Unknown said...

I bet he is going to LOVE the snow!