Monday, November 16, 2009

Traditions and Family



So, with a new baby in the house, I'm wanting to bring in new traditions. So, I grabbed this little cookie plate while I was out shopping yesterday. Here's what I have planned for this year:

1. buying a live tree, peferably the day after Thanksgiving
2. decorating the tree with yearly ornaments. I've already picked up Maddie and Jeremy's ornaments for this year. :)
3. decorating stockings
4. opening up and wearing new, cute p.j's on Christmas Eve
5. baking cookies and a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Eve. the cookies can be eating that night, but we'll save the cake for Christmas.

Also, I loved the ideas that Jess left about the graham cracker house. I've done that before at a playdate but never just here at the house. I think I'll look for one at the store, I've seen them out before, and we can make one for decoration. :)

And, then, speaking of family. I had forgotten my camera on the Nashville trip so I had to use my phone, but use it I did. Below are some pics from the playground. We had a great time and I truly enjoyed watching Christian compete. I hope to go to another one soon. :)










Daddy and Maddie and Dylan


Bubba, swinging


Bubba, Dylan, and Dalton



Maddie doing pull-ups with Daddy's help



And proof Austin does make family trips!





5 comments:

Michelle said...

Our family has always done new p.j.'s on Christmas Eve. It is quite funny because my mom will wrap them up and if my brother or I ask when we can open our pajamas she looks so offended and says, "How do you know what your Christmas Eve present is? You shouldn't assume!" or something like that... except, it has NEVER not been pajamas.

Oh, after we get into our pj's- we pile in the car and drive around looking at Christmas lights.

I love family traditions.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I hope you don't mind but I have purchased an ornament for Maddie and Jeremy too and something for family :) Karen

Unknown said...

Michelle,
that is too funny about the p.j's! Also I love the idea of the drive, I think I may need to borrow that. :)

Unknown said...

Karen, the more ornaments, the better!!

Anonymous said...

I think I mentioned it in one of my myspace posts that is one of our traditions. A new ornament every year and I usually try to get one that pertains to something going on in their lives :) Karen