Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life With My In-Laws Is Crazy!

A conversation I had yesterday with my MIL (mother-in-law):

MIL: *as she's holding my daughter* So you think you'll have about 5 more kids?

Me: *as I'm moving around the kitchen* I don't know. Maybe once I've finished school we might have one more. Sean would like one more. :)

MIL: Yeah, I think if you have one, you should have another for an even 2.

Me: *I whip around* I have 3 *holding up 3 fingers* kids. *I walk away to hear her laugh and say...*

MIL: Well you could make it an even 4 then.

My husband, her son, and I have been married just shy of two years, while knowing each other for 6 years now, all the while with my other two kids. A few years ago I would have been very upset that my in-laws seem to forget I have other children, but, today, I throw my hands up in the air, sigh, and blog about it with a smile. :)

At least I have a baseline to compare crazy to...

3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh wow, that stinks :( I am glad you are able to blog and laugh about it though - that is certainly taking the higher road!

Unknown said...

Yey, MIL either can make you laugh or cry, or both!

Miss. C said...

I am having a horrible "in-law" moment and reading your blog made me happy, knowing I am not the only one out there. Ugh!