Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ruptured Ovarian Cyst

I spent several hours in the E.R. yesterday due to a ruptured ovarian cyst. I'm still in some pain, but nothing compared to yesterday. Overall, I feel like pooh. My white cell count is up which means there's an infection somewhere but I didn't receive any antibiotics.

Docs say come back if the pain gets worse, but that I'd probably be uncomfortable til around Monday or so. I have an appointment with my OB Wednesday so I'll talk to him about this. The CT scan showed there is still another cyst on my ovary so I'll want to know what we'll be doing about that.

Sleeping was hard since I couldn't breastfeed due to the drugs I was given. I've been pumping and dumping but I think I'll be able to pick back up with nursing in a few more hours. Keep me in your prayers, please, hopefully this will all clear up and everything will be good.

Now, I'm gonna go feel like more pooh. Enjoy your day. Mine is gonna be great no matter what...ok, that was a lie, but you know, we can always dream :).

12 comments:

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Praying for you right now friend...
Wylie

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That sounds really miserable :-( I hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

I can't imagine the pain from that, take it easy. I hope you feel better soon.

Tertia said...

I hope you feel better very soon. That sounds awful.

Anonymous said...

Praying that you are feeling better soon. Karen

Shannon said...

Be sure to have it checked out thoroughly. When my cyst ruptured, they had to remove both the tube and ovary due to infection. It is not something to be taken lightly. Prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

That's awful! I hope you feel better quickly! Get some rest if you can, it will really help your recovery.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. And, I'll call Monday to see if the doc wants to see me then or just wait til my Wednesday appointment.

Right now I'm still dealing with pain and just an overall sick feeling but so much better than yesterday. :)

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better! listen to shannon and get checked out! love, tiff

Mellissa said...

Oh owie! HOney! You are still in my prayers for complete healing. I hope you are feeling so much better right now! Rest, rest, rest!

sasha said...

thanks for sharing this informative blog here i love to share a blog about women health pregnancy infertility vaginal issues and
tubal reversal
http://www.mybabydoc.com/blog/

Emily's Family said...

Oh wow, that sounds like it hurts pretty badly.

I hope you are feeling better.

http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/