Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ruptured Ovarian Cyst

I spent several hours in the E.R. yesterday due to a ruptured ovarian cyst. I'm still in some pain, but nothing compared to yesterday. Overall, I feel like pooh. My white cell count is up which means there's an infection somewhere but I didn't receive any antibiotics.

Docs say come back if the pain gets worse, but that I'd probably be uncomfortable til around Monday or so. I have an appointment with my OB Wednesday so I'll talk to him about this. The CT scan showed there is still another cyst on my ovary so I'll want to know what we'll be doing about that.

Sleeping was hard since I couldn't breastfeed due to the drugs I was given. I've been pumping and dumping but I think I'll be able to pick back up with nursing in a few more hours. Keep me in your prayers, please, hopefully this will all clear up and everything will be good.

Now, I'm gonna go feel like more pooh. Enjoy your day. Mine is gonna be great no matter what...ok, that was a lie, but you know, we can always dream :).
Post a Comment