Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday's Small Talk Six

Today's Topic:
6 things you would rather do yourself, even if you could pay someone else to do them.

1. Housework. I could so use a maid and yet I can't stand the idea of anyone else cleaning up after me or my family. And, well, I get a little freaky-crazy when things are not in their right place, even if their right place is not even organized.

2. Money. I would LOVE to hand over my paycheck and bills to the Hub-Man but I just can't let go of the control of it all. I mean, seriously, he probably could remember to pay them better than me, but, I've just always done it.

3. Driving. After my mom passed away I began having panic attacks when riding with others. It's a huge control issue, one to which was simply resolved by driving all the time.

4. My work. Group projects are a pain to me. I'd rather do it all myself than have to rely on others for help. HOWEVER, I am getting better at this one simply because I finally have come to understand I just have the time to do it all myself.

5. Yard work. I love being outside and being into some sort of yard work. Sadly, since moving to our current home, I really haven't done much flower planting. I do, however, plan on doing a little something around the mailbox this spring.

6. Taking care of my family. Oh you don't know the times I'd like to throw my hands up and just throw in the towel with this crew. :) But they're my family and I love them. I love that I'm the one who takes care of them. I love being a mom and a wife. I love helping my son with his homework, no matter how frustrated we all get. Even if I had a million, I really wouldn't change much from our current living situation, life is just really good the way it is. :)

Now it's your turn! Check out Small Talk Six at MomDot.com and give it a go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to much of your preferences. I'm a hands-on kinda gal and feel like if things don't go as planned, it's on me. I do however, hand over the reins to hubs for lawn-mowing and finances. I know what I'm not good at:)
But? I love gardening and simply can not wait until spring gets here....I can play in the dirt!!! Yay!

P.S. I know it's a little late, but there's a little valentine for you at my place;) Happy Saturday Toni!

Katie said...

totally agree on driving, I'm not a fan of riding in the car with others.