Friday, February 12, 2010

Sometimes I Wonder

Sometimes I wonder how long it will take for God to change me. Sometimes I wonder how long I must be sifted before my pride is broken and I'm freed from my own bondage.

I personally feel as if the devil has walked up into my house, picked up a plate, and is sitting down for the family dinner.

Jeremy is having an extrememly hard time here. The fits are extreme. We're scheduling him an appoinment to see a doctor. I feel as if my family is being torn apart.

Why do women tend to carry all the blame and responsibility of it all? Is it because we took that first bite??

On a side note, I'm praising God for this time and hardship. It is only through his premission are we allowed to be tested. So, Amen to that! And, I've lost 1.5 pounds this week. So, glorry to God for that accomplisment as well. :)

6 comments:

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

That's right - God is in control, filtering everything in our lives through His Sovereign fingers of love. Have you read the part of Lord, Is It Warfare" that reminds us that we are seated in the heavenlies with Jesus Christ, far above the {limted}power of the enemy? Strap in your seat belt & stay seated with Christ Jesus! That's what I am doing...
Wylie

Meghan said...

LOVE your blog! I am now a "follower"

I own a blog/design/WAHM forum I'd love you to join called My Great Retreat (link is below). Can't wait to keep in touch!

Meghan
http://tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com
www.mygreatretreat.com
http://mygreatretreat.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wylie, thanks so much for reminding me to finish my book!

*hug*

Anonymous said...

I'm following you from Friday Follow. I look forward to reading more!

Kris said...

I really needed to read this Toni. Yes, isn't it nice to know that when we are tried that God has given Satan the permission, and God's not doing it out of meaness, but doing it rather to make us more fit for His kingdom?! Thanks for stopping by my place.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

An Imperfect Momma said...

Amen God is in control. I agree that it is hard to feel that way during the hard times. We just gotta keep repeating that to ourselves. Visiting you from the Lady Bloggers Tea Party. Like your blog a lot!