Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 17: Do-Able!




Running three minutes and walking 5, cycling through for 41 minutes is, indeed, do-able!


I am learning so much from running:


1. When I first began this program 3 weeks ago I would get up in the morning and tell my husband I was going out for my, "walk (pause) run." And now, whenever it's mentioned, it's purely, "running." No, I'm not up to miles yet, but, my identity as a runner has definitly taken over.


2. I'm beginning to understand that even though my body doesn't want something, like running in the cold, I can work through it, taking the lead, and getting it done. I've set out to accomplish this goal, whether it feels good or not, it's something I do. Even when my side is aching/burning and I'd rather turn around and go back home, my feet just keep moving. I keep running. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a runner. BUT, every time I see folks out jogging in the extremes, I think how amazing it is that they are that dedicated. I'm a curl up and wait for spring kinda gal. I'm not saying it's right, but that's what I am.
Hence the winter fluff. :)

Mellissa said...

Good for you! Way to go!!!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I couldn't run in the cold. Stopping from SITS!

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog said...

Good for you! I should do something like this... ;)
Stopping by from sits :)