Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Is National Nutrition Month

Did you know, March is national nutrition month?

SparkPeople.com is a FREE online site that can change your life forever. And, just to prove it, they have posted a 31 day calender tip on healthy living/eating for the whole month of March, to which I will gladly share with you.

March 3 Tip: Enjoy 2-4 servings of fruit each day. Fruits are rich in nutrients, fiber, phytoc chemicals and antioxidants, which all help prevent disease. One serving is equal to 1/2 cup.

Also, as a coffee-drinkin'-mommy-blogger training for a marathon, I began looking at my diet and realized an easy way to cut down calories was to cut out unneeded sugar. I went to my coffee. I drink 45 calories every time I use a tsp of sugar. I drink several tsps. of sugar a day. :( I decided to switch to Splenda and sugar free creamers. Can I tell a difference? Well yes, of course, we are talking about my pallet here. :) However, the taste is suttle enough that I am still able to enjoy my drink with only having to sacrifice calories and the removal of fat. I can live with that. :)

What changes would you like to make?

No comments: