Sunday, April 4, 2010

SeaPak Review

As some of you know, I've been workout pretty regularly, and I'm also trying to make better nutritional choices for me and my family. Therefore, I was very excited when I was recently approached by SeaPak in regards to trying their seafood products. Just check out the nutritonal facts listed below, who wouldn't want to try and include more fish into their diet?



Nutritional Facts:


Calories: 110


Serving Size: 1 patty


Total Fat: 3 g.


Cholesterol: 60 mg


Sodium: 380 mg


Total Carbohydrate: 1 g


Protein: 18g



So, while I was out today I checked out the selection my local Wal-Mart carried of SeaPak . It was there I glanced up and saw the salmon burgers. I smiled. I've always enjoyed salmon patties but have never personally made them myself. I grabbed 'em and was on my way. By the way, Wal-Mart had this brand and item on sale for $4.57.






I opened up the package to find them wrapped in couples, two to a pack, two packs to a package. I pulled out my mini-grill and was set to go. The directions were to grill them 4 to 5 minutes on each side, for a total of 10 minutes. While I was grilling them I did notice a strong fish smell that I usually don't have when I'm cooking salmon.






I prepared my plate with bun, tartar sauce, fresh tomatoes, carrots, and pickle and took that most important first bite...stop here...I enjoy fresh fish, always have and always will, sadly, I do not believe this product is made from fresh salmon but from canned salmon, and, I am not a fan of canned salmon. I took the patty off my bun and tried it that way, but to no avail, I just didn't enjoy the sharp taste of this salmon burger. Now, I do plan on giving SeaPak another chance with a selection of fried shrimp. I mean, come on, how can you go wrong with fried shrimp, right? Also, if you've tried SeaPak I'd love to know your favorite selections. I'd even be willing to take your advice on what my next purchase should be. :) Other than that, I was happy with the price and the packaging, I just need to find the right product.



SeaPac graciously sent me free coupons in exchange for this reveiw.







No comments: