Thursday, May 27, 2010

Too Much Information (TMI): Being A Woman


Jan. 13, 2010, I received my second coper IUD. It was a bit different, more painful this time and yet I just blew it off to not actually being on my period when it was inserted. "It's ok," I told myself, "I've been through natural child birth, I can handle anything...." Seriously????



5.5 months later I am still suffering from issues due to this decision. I went in three weeks ago to talk to my doctor about irregular periods, i.e., 5 months of bleeding for a week, off for a week, bleeding for another week, and on and on. I started estrogen. Estrogen is not my friend. I figured out that I needed to take it at night so that I didn't have to suffer the side effects.



3 weeks later I'm back at the doctors (today) with bleeding for 7 days, off for 3, and back on again for 7, and on and on.



My new regiment is birth control pills, progestrone w/ estrogen, every 6 hours til bleeding stops and then twice a day, every day til I go back. I am also on an antibiotic since there's a reasonable chanced this has all been caused by an infection from the IUD insertion. Antibiotics 4 times a day...I didn't even check to see how long I was to take them. This also includes the 2 daily prenatal vitamins and iron I've already been taking due to a slow death by blood loss.



I have seriously never taken so many pills together in my life. I warned my husband about the hormonal winch that would probably be created by this wonderful concotion.



And, seriously, this is why I run. I run to erase all stress and worries. I run to be healed, physically and mentally. I run because if I didn't life would suffocate me... And, speaking of running, I got a great 3.5 mile run in yesterday, with my next race coming up in less than a week. :)



Happy times, Ladies! :)
Post a Comment