Thursday, June 17, 2010

Setting Goals: Writing It Down

As I scanned a few coaching videos the other day, I realized to work toward a goal it must first be made known, listed, and then laid out for planning.

As a teacher, I plan daily lesson plans, activities, for my class, with goals in mind for my students as well as a theme, to keep things organized and interesting. So, if planning is such a big part of my day while at school, why isn't it in the other areas of my life? Honestly, I just didn't realize it's importance.

So, to the plan. I began running back in February and instantly found success with weight loss. I worked hard, daily, for two months when I realized I was over worked and over trained. I decided to cut back and only run 2 to 3 days a week, my weight leveled off, and my miles have settled in to 3 and 4 miles a run. I was hoping to be pushing farther at this point. And, that's when it hit me, I really need to lay out my fitness goals and make a serious, daily, plan to reach them.

Goals and Objectives:
1. To be the best runner I can be.
a. education
b. training
c. making the final decision to push past pain and take it all

2. Fitness
a. food journal
b. balance of mind, body, and spirit

This is simply my first draft and I'm sure I'll be updating it within the coming weeks, but for now, this is where I am. And, speaking of where I am, I need to be walking out the door for work. Happy Thursday, Friends!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great idea to write down your goals! I write down EVERYTHING, so why not what I am striving for:)

Unknown said...

Exactly, ModernMom!