Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Counting Calories: MyPyramid.gov

So, calorie counting has got to be the hardest thing for me to do. And, it's not just important for me to count them in regards to losing weight, it's even more so that I know I'm eating enough calories for the day.


I checked out http://www.mypyramid.gov/, and I was surprised to see that it takes 2500 calories for me to maintain my weight, at my current fitness level. I was trying to maintain a 1300 to 1600 calorie diet when in actuality, I was starving myself. I need to consume 2,000 calories a day, 500 less than what my body needs to ensure a safe, one pound a week of weight loss. And, if I throw in another 500 calories burned a day through exercises then I've added another pound of weight loss for the week. Humm, well, 500 calories a day is hard to burn, but I'm trying. :)


And, again, as I stated before, I need to count calories to make sure I'm eating enough, it seems yesterday, by lunch, I would have only consumed 600 calories if I'd gone only by what felt satisfying to me. I actually had to eat another 400 calories just to get enough fuel to last me through the day and my workout. No wonder I feel exhausted by 8:00 pm, I was seriously starving to death. And, in hopes of not being in starvation mode anymore, my weight should make a change. :)


So, yesterday, I maintained 2,000 calories and felt much better. I had no blood sugar crashes, but was still exhausted come bedtime. :) And, I've just been given advice on trying, "paleo eating" to help with the hunger I experienced last night. Oh, and speaking of yesterday, I am a pound lighter today than I started off with. Did the calories make a difference? Only the week will tell!

2 comments:

Rose's Daughter said...

Yay!! Glad the calorie counting is working for you!!

Blogs said...

It's so difficult I don't know how your doing it but I'm proud of you:) Keep it up and eat as many small meals a day as you possibly can:)