Saturday, August 7, 2010

Missing You

A friend of ours passed away yesterday morning, and we'll be attending visitations this afternoon.

The world seems a bit off without them. Her husband, Dr. Wong, passed away 1.5 years ago, and now Michon's gone. She went into the hospital just a few weeks ago, discovered she had liver cancer, and that was it.

Life seems so fragile. I catch myself praying that the good Lord comes quickly. This world is too harsh for my taste. Babies should not suffer from cancer or physical abuse, parents should not have to live without their children, and children should not have to watch their once admired parents drift back into an infantile state.

I look forward to the day where there is no more pain, and the lamb lies down with the lion.

You will be missed, Michon, you will certainly be missed.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs.

Unknown said...

Thanks, ModernMom