Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Day Sucks When I Don't Work-Out

I get so tired of my mood being so easily influenced by the day to day activities: driving, chatting, reading, and not working-out.

It's been 6 days since I worked out. I know, how pathetic is that, there are people out there that will say, "oh, yeah, well it's been 266 days since I've worked out and you don't hear me complaining!" I know. I don't.

I'm a bit obbessed.

And yet I feel so bummed and depressed about it all. Ok, maybe not literally depressed but bummed definitly.

I actually saw my relection yesterday and felt as if my belly had grown and expanded another 6 inches in a week. Seriously. I felt fat. Instantly. I knew it wasn't possible but because I hadn't been to the gym in days I was "scared" into thinking I had gained it all back.

And then I started contemplating: do I work out in fear of gaining weight back, do I really believe I can continue to lose weight, am I controled by my weight loss? These are serious questions...to some.

I want to find a balance between food and exercise. I don't want to live in an existance of extreme workouts and fatigue. I want to maintain a healthy weight loss, building muscle, and educating myself along the way on nutritional choices.

Is the, "I want" gonna get me through? I don't know. But I do know that being able to figure out what I want is an important step. :)


Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley said...

As long as it doesn't take over your life and you can still function if you miss a day. I think it's okay to be alittle obsessed. Working out is so addicting. It's something you can control in life plus all the endorphins it makes you release it's hard not to get addicted to that. I'm the same way. I'm cramping pretty hardcore today but I don't want to miss a workout plus I hear it's good for cramps so I'll probably suck it up:)