Friday, October 15, 2010

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance


I was just informed that today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.


My mom lost a baby many years ago, and when she passed away almost four years ago, I remember thinking that she'd finally get to hold her baby in heaven. *smiles*


I've been lucky enough to have not suffered the pain of losing a baby/child. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd be able to go on in life. Losing a parent in hard enough, but to lose a child is the ultimate pain that I think a person can face. My heart aches for all mothers and fathers who have had to lay their children to rest.


A small friend of mine passed away last year and it's a moment that I can't put into words. Her life, her death, her funeral, and the life her parents have lived since that day has changed me forever. My little friend's picture, and angel, still hang in my classroom, and the time she spent with us will never be forgotten. :)


In remembrance to all you little ones today, enjoy your time in heaven, play and laugh, and I look forward to one day joining you there.

No comments: