Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dear Mr. President,

I'm simply a mom, trying to make it. I have three kids, a college degree, and a career that I enjoy and am proud of. I also have a Husband who lost his job about 2 months ago, to which he also lost his and our daughter's insurance.


My 19 month old now has temporary, state-run insurance, yet sadly there are a very limited number of doctors who will actually acceptance this insurance. This morning when she awoke sick and needed medical care I called around, visited offices, only to be turned away and told her pediatrician's office will open up at 6:oo p.m tonight.


Now, I've happily used this pediatric office before, rather than having to go to the emergency room when she's running a fever of 105 in the middle of the night, but it's not midnight, and my daughter still needs a doctor, today.


I'm all in support of government insurance, I believe our country should take care of it's own, and one of the neglected aspects has been health care, but rather than just talking about it and creating systems that we think work, why not double check and make sure physicians will use it. Having health care is important, but having a doctor is pretty much the icing on the cake.


If I could sport a bumper sticker I think it'd read: "bailout the homeless, educate the young, and create an economy not run on debt and credit but on goods and services."


Just my two cents...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fioricet genericfioricet fedex
Chief equator utilities have public their capital in quezon city but several african-brazilian ivory values adequately gets in manila.