Monday, November 1, 2010

A Count Down Til Christmas!!


Ok, I'm not gonna lie, I'm super-psyched about Christmas this year! Halloween is over which means Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Mmmmmmmmmmm, food. Family :). PRESENTS! Ok, maybe I'm a little too excited about presents, but still, I'm feeling like a kid again and nothing will stomp this out.




I shouldn't say nothing, there is always something in life waiting for the right opportunity to pop it's little, ugly head...and quoting my oldest son, "Satan is stupid." to which he hates that quote!




So, anyway, there are only 55 days, counting today til Christmas! Can you believe it???!!! I was in the dollar store the other day with the kids and they were going crazy over their toys. Santa is so getting out cheap this year. I simply sat back taking mental snap shots of everything they touched and will be going back to collect it all soon. Of course I'll be wearing a happy face, smug even, thinking my shopping is almost complete.




And, now let's talk about traditions. Live tree or fake this year? We went with our first live tree last year and it wasn't a let down but it certainly wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped it would be, but then again, maybe I was just bored by having to do it all myself. I may need some elves to come help me deocrate this year. Oh, and speaking of decorations, I spotted a snowman that stands the same height as Maddie and she was dancing with it at the store. Yep, I'll be picking that up for $10. Also, maybe I should do a little train around the tree this year...Austin loved that as a kid.




So, what about you? Have any traditions you'd like to share? Are you even ready for the holidays? Anyone dreading them yet???




Photobucket

1 comment:

Rose's Daughter said...

I am a Christmas fanatic! But I don't start my countdown until Black Friday.....