Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Mom

It was another Christmast (year) with out you. Everything went well, though. The kids got toys, they wanted more toys, they got scolded for not appreciating their own toys...you know, same ole, same ole.


The fam and I have been watching old Christmas videos, they started in 1983...I cant believe we were all so young. You were about the same age as I am now. :) Dad was there, too. And, it's great to be able to laugh at how silly he was back then...odd that I wasn't laughing then. :)


Maddie and her Daddy have truly enjoyed themselves. Maddie is talking up a storm (that's my saying for her for some reason) and her Daddy chatted with everyone. Austin hid away most of the time but did come down(stairs) to bond quiet a bit. Oh, you'd be more than proud of him, Granny. He's making great decisions and working so hard. You'd probably even say he doesn't have to like those (damned ole kids) if he doesn't want to. :) You always did feed into his disillusion of being an only child.


Jeremy is growing so big as well. He's playing with the rest of the boys. And, I was shocked when he said he had only gotten two gifts from Santa but that he was "fine" with that. You know what "fine" means in man talk, right? "Yeah, it's ok, I'll deal with it, but it could have been better." Anyway, I'll keep that to myself and beam with the idea the my son isn't selfish and egocentric ( to which we all know he is). :)


I miss you. I miss your voice. I miss your smell. I miss your touch. I miss your hugs. I miss your advice. I miss your laughter and your songs. I miss you.

Photobucket

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

Jessie C said...

:/ RIP.

Anonymous said...

she would also be proud of her daughter just as much as I am
PAPA