Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

I'm simply taking a moment to sit, sip coffee, and relax.


Some of the fam. has stepped out to have Christmas with other family and I'm here with my sleeping lovies (Sean, Jeremy, Maddie, and Austin). And it's Christmas Day.


You know Christ wasnt born on Christmas, right? Nope, it's simply the day in which we choose to celebrate His birth. And yes, the day does go hand in hand with a Roman pagan party, but times were tough back then and you slipped things in when you could (like worshipping your God).


Anyway, many people celbrate the Holidays differently. Some focus on family, feasts, and gifts, while others, like my Husband, opts out of gift giving. Either way and for whatever reason you do or don't celebrate...I'm spending the day with my family and I'm gonna smile big, eat hardy, and give thanks for the blessings I have.


I'm remembering my military families who are away from one another today, those who have passed on and will not be celebrating with us (my mom), and friends and family whom are far away...I'm sending you all a hug, loving thoughts, and my prayers.


May we make today grand, but may it not outshine any other day, simply holding today in the spirit in which we should always live.

Photobucket

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. Merry Christmas to you too! Love, Karen