Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Teenager Left Me A Note

My son, Austin, has a FB account and we are friends. There was this whole number thing going on where you message someone a number and they wrote you a note in their status, sort of like a "how I feel about you" type of thing.

I messaged my son: "5"

And this is what it says:

5. I'm sorry for how I am to you. You really don't deserve it, but we just seem to clash a lot. I know that I should visit more often and that I should call every now and then. I know that it probably upsets you to no end. I know all of this, but I just don't seem to be able to break the cycle. That's what it's become, a cycle. Sad isn't it? I'm sorry. I love you.

I cried a little.


Photobucket

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have cried too and then I would find a way to break the cycle.

Sunrise628 said...

That's so sweet and sad at the same time. I hope you both break the cycle also. Very insightful teenager! (You should be proud mama!)

Jessie C said...

Aw! Sad and sweet!

Unknown said...

I think this is a pretty typical cycle, at least it was for me as well when I was young. I constantly pray for him and call him. I'm holding out all hope that we will end up friends as he grows older. :)

And on a side note, I just dont feel as if we clash at all, but thats just me.

Kristina said...

Awwwww it's a big step towards better communication between you two. There seems to be a phase where teenagers and moms do not meet eye to eye. But when they get older and more mature they learn to cope up with their feelings and learn how to express themselves for better communication.

Debbie said...

I so understand this! I have 4 teenagers at the moment and one of mine is not easy to communicate with at all.
Came over from SITS to say hi.