Monday, January 31, 2011

Cut The Fluff: I'm a Runner??

The weather was gorgeous this past weekend!

Sunday hit a high of 67, and it's still January!!

Maddie and I took advantage of the beautiful day and headed down for a walk and playground fun. I say walk, but I quickly discovered I am a runner.

It started off with a nice walk, gaining speeding, checking out all the people, the bikes, and the water, just enjoying chatting with Maddie in the stroller when all of a sudden I realized I was jogging. I'm not sure really how it all happened, it seems my feet simply knew they were to pick up their pace until we were moving at a nice speed, my lungs expanding then back down, one hand on the stroller while the other arm swayed back and forth, just natural, just running. :)




Like I said, just gorgeous.

I hope to run two races this year, The Chicamauga Chase and The Gate to Gate, the same two races I ran last year. This gives me about 3 to 4 months of training. I feel pretty good about it all. I plan on starting back on the Couch to 5k tomorrow morning. Being outside today really helped me realize how much I do enjoy running, how much it's become a part of who I am, and how much more growing I need to do in it.

So, what about You? How's your weather been? Are you stuck in snow or enjoying the sunshine like me and my fam? And, what races are You thinking of tackling this year??

Photobucket 

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

Amy said...

Snow and ice have descended upon us in Virginia not that the lack of would encourage me to run. I like walking and have to many jiggly bits to run ;D Good luck on your races this year!

I am a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I hope you will take a moment to come and visit me. Have a blessed week.

http://socialstudiesmomma.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Everything looks so pretty!

Hi! I'm your newest follower! Would love for you to stop by my blog as well when you get a chance! Hope you have an awesome week! :)

Kim
http://www.chubbycheeksthinks.com

Keli said...

Beautiful pictures! I would love to run, but an old knee ingury keeps me from doing so. :(

I'm following you back. Thanks for linking up to Friendly Wednesday :)

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com