Monday, January 10, 2011

Cut The Fluff With McFatty Monday: Anyone Else Here?

So, the first week of 2011, fitness wise, turned out to be pretty fun. Overall I burned 1258 calories from Monday through Thursday, with a total of 150 minutes. Wednesday the sore throat started up and by Friday I was curled up in bed, sick. Saturday...no workouts.

This week starts school, today actually, and yet the main priority I plan on keeping this semester is my morning workouts. Maddie stays home with her Dad Monday through Wednesday so those days I head to the gym, 5:00 am for bikes and treadmills. Wednesday, I enjoy a spin class which burned 586 calories last week...I'm pretty excited about what this class can do for me. :)

I also plan on bringing in more weights. I need it. I've gone almost a whole year (a year this Feb.) working on cardio and it's now time to really start toning this body, mainly the arms, my legs get a pretty good workout with the bike and running.

I'd like to plan on the 30 Day Shred for Thursday and Friday morning, while I'm at home, but we'll see how that works out...honestly, I don't enjoy this workout. I'm thinking of switching it out for a kettlebell workout.

Food wise ( I cringe at this thought) I'll be focusing on 1350 to 1700 calories a day. Sean is helping me count my calories, it seems to be the hardest part of weight loss for me. I hate it. I honestly think it's because I just don't know how to do it. How in the hell (frustration here) do you know how many calories it is when you've cooked a meal??? Please, someone shed light on this for me. Also, I've just discovered a great website, Zen to Fitness that sheds light on the benefits of grapefruits. These are already on this week's food schedule for me. I'll write soon on whether or not I benefit from the blood sugar regulation. :)

Anyway, I'm really excited about what this year has in store for us {family and friends} and I'm so ready to get it all started!!

Happy Fitness!

SW 190
CW 187
GW 150
Photobucket 

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments: