Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Day I Found Out I Was Pregnant

The Blog Dare:
What were you doing that led you up to purchasing/taking a pregnancy test? How did you feel? What was the day like? What stands out in your memory.

Being a mom of three, I have three, very distinct, memories when I discovered I was pregnant. My first being around Christmas 1992. I was young. I was scared. My life was turned upside-down for several months until that beautiful baby boy came into the world. Discovering this pregnancy was not a joyous moment, and sadly, I didn't share it with family and friends for several weeks.

My next pregnancy was not far off from my first. This time, however, I was older and about to graduate from college. However, I was not married, and I knew this would crush my mother. We had been careful and the day I saw that positive test, I was shocked, but more excited than I had been with my first. I headed down to tell Jeremy's dad at work...he didn't take the news well. We were married within a month and Jeremy came that next summer. :)

Things were a bit different with Maddie. Sean and I had been married for about two months and had decided we wanted another baby right after marriage, we'd been together for about 4 years prior to that. However, I had changed my mind, deciding to go back to school and finish my degree before working on another baby, yet God seemed to have a different idea about it all. :) I remember realizing that AF should have shown up and that I was having some terrible back cramps, which I never had before. I tested that afternoon after work and rushed over to tell Sean. He was thrilled. :)

I must admit, I wish certain things in my life would have been different, such as my age, but overall I have never regretted my children or when they came into my life. I don't see myself as a teen mom, single mom, or any other type of stereotypical mom...I've always just been a mom. :) I have noticed that depending on my age, my relationship with my children have been different, none better than another, just different. And, if we are ever given another baby, I'm sure that day will be completely different than any I've experienced so far.



Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

being a mom is a most wonderful thing Karen

Unknown said...

I agree :)