Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Little Trip

Austin and I are heading to Huntsville today to meet Patti and Papa. I'm pretty excited about the trip. I love the drive time with Austin. We always end up chatting about something that's going on in his life, which is usually either school or religious talk. I've mentioned before that Austin does not consider himself a follower of Christ, yet he is extremely interested in religion. I love these moments that I get to share what I've learned about Christianity. And, as he continues to explore different beliefs, I continuously pray that he discovers the truth.

I'm also looking forward to sharing time with Papa and Patti. We're meeting to get a treadmill {a christmas present}, and possibly a large riding horse for Maddie, depending on whether it will all fit in my van.

This is the first time I've really gotten out since the snow. I can't stand to drive around town when there is snow...and yet our roads have been pretty clear for several days now. I'm just such a whimp when it comes to driving in different situations. I actually got out to go grocery shopping yeseterday and felt so good to just get out.

So, like I said, I'm really gonna enjoy this quick trip. Maddie and Jeremy are sadly having to stay home so we'll have room in the van {minus all the seats} but I'm still gonna enjoy the family time. I should take my camera. :)



Photobucket 

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that it is just you and Austin so you two can have some one on one time ~ enjoy! Karen