Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Secret Single Behavior

The Blog Dare:
When you were single, what behaviors did you keep to yourself? If you are single, what behaviors do you only exhibit when you aren't around a date, etc… {Pigging out on a tub of ice cream, etc…}


Ok, I have some really nasty secret behaviors like nose picky, pimple picky, and farting, but publicly I'm only going to admit to: dancing, singing, and tantrums.


And honestly, some of you may be thinking, "what, she doesn't sing or dance around her partner/spouse? That's crazy!" And I agree. But I have never felt comfortable dancing. I just don't. And I don't think it has to do with my ability, I've danced plenty of times in a mirror, watching myself, and I look pretty damn good if I do say so myself, it's just the putting it out there for others to see that throws me for a loop. I just can't do it.


On to the singing, I usually don't do this around the men I love. Call it stage fright, performance anxiety, but it's an area that I so wish I would grow a pair and just bust a few chords out every once in awhile. I'd love to sing with Sean, and sometimes, I have let a few lyrics out, but I've never busted out like Opera style and just sang with everything I have...which is alot. :) I think this has to do with the fact that my mom had such a beautiful voice and if I couldn't sing like her, well then, I just wouldn't publicly sing. Now, you must know, even if I don't sing around many adults, I def. sing all day long at school. I truly believe singing to children helps build vocabulary, speech, and soothes any upset child. Oh, and there is research to support the whole language development thing through song...looking it up. :)


And on the tantrum side, I've pretty much gotten over those now. If I'm that upset, I usually just let it all out for everyone to see or I just walk away and let it go. Other than that, I'd love to grow and overcome these two uncomfortable situations (dancing and singing), I really think it would help me to feel more comfortable in those social-party moments. :)




Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments: