Friday, April 22, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge: 15 By June








Annie @ MamaDweeb.com has set forth a challenge of 15 pounds by the end of June. I'm taking it on! Annie's reasoning is for a conference, mine is for a water park birthday planned in mid July for Jeremy. Ok, I'll admit it, I want to be 15 pounds lighter by the time I slip into a bathing suite and expose this body to the world. My main focus will always be on health and fitness, but again, I want to look my best come this summer. 

So, the first challenge is to incorporate more water into my day, and, I feel pretty confident in this one. I'm setting my goal for 64 ounces, and that's above what I drink while working out. Now, the next step will be to focus on my nutrition as well as workouts. While using www.sparkpeople.com, I've calculated my need for 1200 to 1500 calories a day, striving to burn 2000 calories a week. Supposedly, the weight will simply melt away while using this formula. 

Ok, I'm a little scared. It's not the workouts that have me questioning it all, it's the food intake. I've just never been able to do it. If I go under 1,000 calories, I suffer from terrible headaches. And the evening snacks don't even help my cause. I have one more week til my exams and after that I plan on bringing back my morning and evening workouts. I'm hoping by getting an evening walk in, my appetite will be suppressed and the snacking will take a back seat to my goals.

All we can do is try, right? Right. So, here we go, let's move forward, let's have fun, and let's lose 15 pounds!

Like this post? Vote for me! 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

all the best Carrigan... and would love to help you in whatever lil way I can...I have been reading abt health n nutrition and weight loss lately..would love to share few things with you..I have my exams too for a week..so I will be free by 29th April..

Awaiting your response..

Regards,
Dipti

Annie said...

Oh exams are so stressful and if you are like me, you eat when you are stressed. One thing that helps me with water is lemon in my water or even Crystal Light. Love Crystal light.

Definitely don't cut out so many calories that you get headaches :( But you are totally right, calories in, calories out. So if you exercise more you can eat more :)

Here we go! This is gonna be fun!

Onlythemanager said...

Good luck! My husband and I are trying to follow the Mayo Clinic Diet from mayoclinic.com. It's basically the food pyramid, paying more attention to serving sizes and eating healthy.

I also just wanted to say, "Happy Easter!"

Test said...

Good luck! I would join you but I really stink at keeping track of things! LOL

cakeologist said...

Good Luck! Bathing suit season is always a good motivator!

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

15 pound by the end of June, that sounds good. I like that goal, just under 2 pounds a week. Sounds doable but my scale has been moving very slowly I am not sure if I can make it with you.

I hope it goes well and easy for you.

best,

elena

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

Wish I could take on a challenge like this. You can do it! Good luck!!

Hanizeyecandy said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from For The Love Of Blogs- Let's Get Fit!
Good luck with your weight loss challenge.Keeping my weight off is a struggle for me. Very hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
hanizeyecandy

Mrs. Green said...

Thanks for sharing! I just wanted to stop by and encourage you as I am joining the challenge myself. I will not be attending the conference but have a few lbs to shed... my baby is 8 weeks old!

Wishing you the best of luck in your weight loss and your exams!!

Please visit my blog and read my intro post! :)

http://awaitingourgreenbean.blogspot.com/2011/04/15-by-june.html

I am also a new follower!

Vanessa said...

It can be tough to stick to calories..I had to up mine a bit as 1200 was just not enough! So I totally understand!!

Chele said...

Hi there! I'm coming by from Annie's link up. I am joining in too! And believe it or not, you are not the only one that fears this kind of dieting/exercising! I'm right there with you!!! Just thought I would stop by and say hello!